We all know the little things about being a triathlete, but these tell tale signs you cannot deny. Just ask your partner if you haven’t converted him or her to become one!
- You always have a pair of runners and bathers in your car
- When asked if you prefer morning or evening workouts you respond with “yes”.
- Water bottles, water bottles everywhere.
- Your bike is more expensive than your car.
- Chlorine is your cologne of choice.
- You consider bonking to be a bad thing.
- You plan your holidays near swimmable lakes and good run areas or where your next race is.
- You respond to the question how old you are with your age group
- Half of your shirts are have at least six logos.
- Your permanent hangover look is just the imprint of your swim goggles.
- The one suit you own zips up at the back.
- When you wake up you wonder what your heart rate is.
- You refer to the hallway as transition area
- You do more laundry than a family of six.
- A half marathon is a short sunday run.
- A six am alarm on the weekends is sleeping in.
- A ‘fartleg’ doesn’t make you giggle anymore.
- You refer to tailgaters as cheating drafters.
Have any additions? Drop them in the comments below!
Just a note about the “links to buy” in this article, as they are sponsored. I do look for the lowest price I can find at the time of writing in a handful of stores, but by using the links I earn from qualifying purchases made through these links.