It was already leaked but Garmin announced the Venu 2 today. A new watch to ‘connect mind and body’ for $399. Again the Venu is equipped with an amazing AMOLED display.
The new Venu 2 has mostly got some inside work done and more notably comes in two sizes now a 40mm and a 45mm.
There’s a whole list of new features. And for news like this, I like to stick to a bullet list. I’ll go more in depth about these features in my Venu to Venu 2 compare article.
- New AMOLED display either bigger or smaller, coming from 360✖️360px
- 2 => 416✖️416px
- 2s => 360✖️360px
- Firstbeat sleep tracking data
- Sleep Score
- Connect IQ4 support
- 8GB storage (about 650 songs)
- Improved HR sensor: Garmin Elevate V4 (improved PulseOx)
- Fitness Age
- New Activity Modes
- Strength Training
- Indoor Climbing
- Increased Battery Life
- 2: 11 days Smartwatch, 22hrs GPS, 8 hrs GPS+Music
- 2S: 10 days Smartwatch, 19 hrs GPS, 7hrs GPS+Music
- Rapid Recharging (10mins for 1hr GPS, or 1 Day in watch mode)
- Upgraded CPU/GPU for better graphic performance
Prices & Availability
In true Garmin fashion, the Venu 2 and Venu 2S are available as of right now at Garmin and both cost $399.
Just a note about the “links to buy” in this article, as they are sponsored. I do look for the lowest price I can find at the time of writing in a handful of stores, but by using the links I earn from qualifying purchases made through these links.